Day of the Dead Night Tour
The Day of the Dead (el Día de los Muertos), is an important Mexican holiday where families welcome back the souls of their deceased relatives for a celebration.
Day of the Dead Celebration Hanal Pixan Mayan Community
After picking you up at your hotel in the Riviera Maya we will head to Hanal Pixan an authentic mayan community, Hanal Pixán which means “Food of the Souls”, this community lives up to its name by celebrating the most important rite to honor the ancestors, establishing and maintaining the line between the living and the dead, offering the magic of celebrating the day of the dead.
Altars and Cemetery
During an hour and a half, our certified guide will show you the cemetery and altars in which we will perceive the traditional decoration from prehispanic origin.
Mayan Underworld, Cenote and Ceremony
The experience continues with a walk in the extraordinary cave system, once equipped with a helmet and a lamp, we will enjoy a journey of 45 min approx. and a refreshing swim in the cenote will waiting at the end, to continue with a purification ceremony surrounded by the magical and colorful environment.
We finish with an exquisite regional meal: cochinita (pork), pollo pibi (chicken), handmade tortillas and chaya water.
The tour then end back at your hotel.
At Paraíso Riviera Maya-Tours we are attached to local legislation in reference to security measures that involve the prevention of Covid-19, we comply with regulations and health recommendations concerning protective material and safety in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Everybody wellness, families, staff and clients is our top priority, for them guidelines will apply, see more on frequently asked questions.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 10 years old||Children under 4 years|
|Nationals with IFE||
What is included in the price of the tour?
- Transfer with air conditioning
- Professional guide-English & Spanish language
- Local guides
- Visit to the Mayan community Hanal Pixán
- Visit to the Cemetery and Altars
- Entrance and swim in Cenote
- Snacks on board, traditional bread of the dead and fruits.
- Regional food
Not included in the tour Price
- Tips Guide and Driver.
What to Bring?
- Sports shoes and water shoes
- Swimsuit and towel
- Optional: Camera, lamp, extra cash for souvenirs, tips, snacks or extra drinks
- Festival Dates: October 30th and 31st, November 01st and 02nd
- Departure time: Between 2.00 pm. and 3:00 pm. (Depends on the location of the hotel)
- Return time: 09:00 pm.
- Suitable for all ages
- Language: Spanish-English
- Not suitable for people with motor disabilities
- For the cave walk, excellent physical condition is required, not suitable for people with motor disabilities, for safety reasons cell phones in bags or selfie sticks are not allowed.
- Departure in all weather conditions, except for severe adverse weather conditions which may compromise the safety of people.
When should I book?
- We suggest booking at least one week before
- It can be booked up to 1 day before, subject to availability of guide and vehicle.
- Once you booked, we will send you an email with a voucher that you can print or carry on your mobile
to the activity.
- We will get in touch, you will receive personalized attention directly from our reservation team.
Frequently asked questions
Q.- What are the dates of the event?
A.- October 29th 30th and 31st, November 1st and 2nd, contact us for more details.
Q.-How do I book?
A.-To make the reservation, please choose the desired date in the calendar and complete
the form on this page. Confirmation is immediate.
An executive agent will contact you immediately If for any reason the date is no longer available.
You can also book via whastapp, contact us.
For any additional questions, please check out our section on frequently asked questions.
If you need assistance to book an activity or have any doubt, please, contact us.
-We offer free cancellation up to 5 days before the chosen date.
-Full payment is required , since there are limited places.
-You can pay through the website.
-Cancellations with 48 hrs before the tour, the 30% will be refundable.
-Cancellations within 24 hrs or less, arrive late or do not show up, no refund will be offered.