Mayan Underworld Journey
Dare to explore a cave system, a fascinating underground world, you will discover to discover why Mayan Civilization calls it Underworld.
Mayan Underworld Journey
We’ll pick you up from your hotel in Riviera Maya and start our tour towards the southeast zone. Once we get there you will receive instructions from your guide and we will deliver the equipment caving, helmets and lamps.
Once equipped, your professional guide and local expert guides will show you the authentic trip through the Mayan underworld, a 90min tour of underground river, which houses stalactites and stalagmites spectacular expedition with fantastic natural monuments, we will found mural paintings and ancestral constructions, tell the geological history from the Yucatan Peninsula.
At the end of the tour, we will board the van and go towards a wonderful cenote of crystalline waters, you can relax by swimming and admiring the beauty of this spectacular site. After then we finish with an exquisite regional food surrounded by this wonderful natural environment.
The tour then end back at your hotel.
At Paraíso Riviera Maya-Tours we are attached to local legislation in reference to security measures that involve the prevention of Covid-19, we comply with regulations and health recommendations concerning protective material and safety to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Everybody wellness, families, staff and clients is our top priority, for them guidelines will apply, see more on frequently asked questions.
|Adults||Children from 4 to 10 years old||Children under 4 years|
What is included in the price of the tour?
- Van transfer with air conditioning
- Professional guide-English language
- Local guides
- Entrance to the cave system
- Entrance and swim in Cenote
- Caving Equipment (Helmets and lamps)
- Regional food
- Snacks on board (2 bottles of water, cookies)
Not included in the tour Price
- Tips Guide and Driver.
What to Bring?
- Sports shoes and water shoes
- Swimsuit and towel
- Cap or sun hat
- Action camera with chest harness or helmet.
- Departure time: Between 6:00 a.m. and 7:40 a.m. (Depends of hotel location)
- Schedules are subject to change due to local traffic conditions
- Return time: 16hrs. approx
- Small groups
- Language: Bilingual guide in English and Spanish, maximum two languages.
- Not suitable for people with motor disabilities
- The use of sunscreen is not allowed
- For security reasons cell phones are not allowed in bags or selfie sticks
- Departure in all weather conditions, except for severe adverse weather conditions which may compromise the safety of people.
When should I book?
- Book as soon as possible to guarantee places, especially in summer, easter and holidays.
- You can book up to 2 day before as long as there are places available.
- Once you booked, we will send you an email with a voucher that you can print or carry on your mobile
to the activity.
- We will get in touch, you will receive personalized attention directly from our reservation team.
Frequently asked questions
Q.- How do I book?
A.-To book the Mayan Underworld Journey you just have to choose the desired date.
Confirmation is immediate.
You can also book via whastapp, contact us.
For any additional questions, please check out our section on frequently asked questions.
If you need assistance to book an activity or have any doubt, please, contact us.
- We offer free cancellation up to 24 hours before arrival date in Riviera Maya.
- For this reservation a deposit fee of 40 usd per person or full payment is required, since they are limited places.
- If you wish to make only the deposit, the rest of the payment must be in cash at the excursion date.
- We will send you the deposit link as soon as you booked, make the booking by selecting payment at excursion date.